There are a few key tips to keep in mind when decorating on the cheap…
- Repurpose stuff you already have. For example an old stool becomes a useful side table.
- Swop around your furniture from one room to another. For example mix your diningroom chairs with a few from the kitchen dinette.
- Use open shelves to decorate with plates and stuff you already have
- Rearrange your lamps. Swop out a lamp from your office with one from the bedroom for example.
- Rearrange an entire room. Just changing the configuration of room can work wonders and feel like a totally different space.
Find more helpful tips at http://www.womansday.com/home/decorating/g1345/creative-decorating-ideas/?slide=6