Summer is now in full swing and we’re enjoying the warmer weather but what about those menacing insects that seem to decend upon your home in the warmer months. If you have a home with a garden you could be suffering even more but there are ways to insect-proof your home and enjoy summer more…
- Keep your home clean and clear. Clean up any food, crumbs, drinks etc. that fall immediately.
- Don’t store snacks in open containers or packets. Keep them securely sealed in a container.
- Don’t leave the sink full of dirty dishes or standing water around the house – these are breeding grounds for insects.
- Use natural insect repellents rather than chemical ridden ones.
- If your house is overrun by insects, call in an exterminator and start from scratch. This should obviously be the last resort.
- Keep you lawn maintained and your garden clean.
- Make sure you have your screen doors installed wherever there is an opening to the outside. This will help keep your home cool, economically and environmentally friendly, and still keep the bugs out.
Read more about these tips at http://www.grandparents.com/food-and-leisure/home-and-garden/how-to-get-rid-bugs-in-house