While insect repellents can help you avoid painful and unnecessary insect bites, we need to remember that they are chemicals which if used incorrectly can be harmful.
- Only used approved insect repellents which have been government tested and proven safe.
- Always read the label and follow the directions given.
- Only apply a small amount of repellent on exposed skin
- Never spray insect repellents directly into your face
- If repellent gets into your eyes, wash immediately and wash your hands after use.
- Remember the best repellent is keeping insects out of your home completely. This can be done by covering your doors and windows with insect screens.